Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What I learned in TwitterSchool over the weekend. We're a lot closer to clickable print for learning than I previously believed.

My approach to twitter is to use if for research. This exchange should illustrate what I mean.

1.
thx to @barbsaka [The scenarios here are based on the tweets and reflective accounts of the] student [participants.] http://bit.ly/2F7lTE

2.

barbsaka
@ToughLoveforX Were you part of the research? Fascinating use of Twitter.


3.
@barbsaka , No, I wasn't. But I have been experimenting with using tweets to do my own research re: the uses of Print in education.

4.
barbsaka@ToughLoveforX very cool. Hope you'll share your results, too!

5.
@barbasaka It's my twitterstream. The method: Look for interesting-to-me. then use [post the kernel]. Go back when ready to blog. (publish)

In between casting about for "interesting-to-me"
I keep testing the waters and getting feedback on just the right way to present the idea of clickable print in learning. I'll share whatever I've found out, as soon as I think I've found out anything.
So far, I'm into the fourth revision of the presentation, so I'm pretty sure I'll get it right sooner or later. Bit.ly says I've gotten 57 hits as of this morning at http://bit.ly/HI29V

These are the tweets I sent out into the twitterstreams:
What if students in HS #education could click on print + #QR & UCTV starts playing on their cellphone? The tech is in place.

What if teachers in HS #education PD could click on print+#QR & UCTV starts playing AnyWhereTime? The tech is in place.http://bit.ly/HI29V

What if teachers in HS #education PD could click on print+#QR & UCTV starts playing AnyWhereTime? The tech is in place.http://bit.ly/HI29V

Late yesterday, a colleague gave me a point to that resulted in last night's post about the Oce installation coming on line in Berlin. From a business/production point of view all the pieces are in now place to make a serious run at textbooks using clickable newspapers. The story is in the previous post.

If you're interested in the #education focused part of the research, just check out my twitterstream. The handle is ToughLoveforX.

No comments:

Post a Comment