Monday, September 21, 2009

Why XRX is part of my portfolio: Xerox DocuShare Helps Schools Reduce Spending, Enable Virtual Learning

I knew I loved Xeroxed when I started this blog. I knew I was happy when Ursula Burns took over the top job. Today I got the data points. My day job is my IRA, my passion is fixing hs education.

Advertising is nice. Education is important.

The money quotes:
"DocuShare allows schools of all levels and sizes to focus less on processing paperwork and more on what matters most -- meeting their students' educational needs."

"Massachusetts-based Chelmsford Public Schools saves up to $150,000 on textbooks

Canada's Niagara Catholic District School Board that uses DocuShare CPX workflow application @Work for School Boards, and saves more than $38,000 on printing costs annually.

-- In Peru, DocuShare provides students at Universidad Peruana de Ciencas Aplicadas immediate access to course materials.

-- California's Manteca Unified School District shaved $300,000 off its annual operating spend by scanning its archived documents into DocuShare.
Full story at Market Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment