BrightMagnet The Rapid Growth Of Twitter With The Stats To Prove It http://tr.im/vqq4 (via @mitchjoel
Which took me to the following:
The . . . information (below) is from a news item in Marketing Charts titled, Twitter Posts Meteoric 1,382% YoY Growth. The news item was based on a Blog posting from Nielsen Wire titled, Twitter's Tweet Smell Of Success.
- 1,382% year-over-year growth in February 2009.
- Total unique visitors grew from 475,000 in February 2008 to seven million last month.
- Twitter is the fastest growing member community site for the month of February.
- Zimbio (240%) and Facebook (228%) were the second and third-fastest growing online communities.
- Twitter is not just for kids: In February 2009, adults ages 35-49 had the largest representation on Twitter - almost 3 million unique visitors from this age group (almost 42% of the entire audience).
- 62% of the audience access Twitter from work only, while only 35% access it only from home - watch out for those, "Twitter is killing our productivity at work" articles to start flowing out of the mass media any day now.
- It's all about mobile: In January 2009, 735,000 unique visitors accessed Twitter via their mobile device.
- The average unique visitor went to Twitter 14 times during the month.
- They spent an average of 7 minutes on the site.
- In Q4 2008, 812,000 unique users sent or received Twitter text messages (via AT&T or Verizon cell phones).
- The average tweet per person for the quarter was nearly 240.
Then I threw this into the twitter stream:
#ClickablePrint = Dead tree #Print + TinyPurls + Smart #QR = "Print to Personal TV." Print and TV are the two push media. 1 + 1 = ???