Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why I added PBI to my IRA

MapInfo + Group 1 and @anetah
Since I am now a shareholder of record when the Market opens, here's some advice.

The 24:13 min video at http://www.accelacast.com/programs/gartner_pitney_bowes/ is way sub opitmal(4me). If I were talking at twitter, I might say "it sucks eggs."

1.
Ten minutes of consultant is not a value add. If it came on after Lisa Sutrick it would have been irrelevant, but ok. But to put it on before Ms Sutrick made it a value take away. With all due respect, 10 minutes of blablablabla with nothing I didn't know is not my idea of fun.

My bet is that it's nothing any professional hasn't heard before. It implies that the viewer needs to be "educated". Please I've got a job to do. The last thing I want is to be "educated" in the form of blablabla.

2.
Asking for all my personal info before seeing the "complimentary" webcast is BAD. It might make sense(4U) but it really is a pain in the behind(2me). Even worse it means the brand lied, in the sense that complimentary does not mean "you give me something and I will give you something." That's an exchange. Not complimentary.

Every exchange either augments or damages. If I get what I expect, you tell truth. If I don't get what I expect, you tell lies. It's not pretty, but there it is.

3.
The two minutes of straight talk from Ms Sutrick on YouTube should cost zero. I could have gotten what I needed in 2 minutes instead of a total elapsed time of about an hour. (check the time of the earlier post to get a real fix on how long it took.

4. This email follow up says "We want to sell you stuff." There has to be a better way to get the info you want than..

On behalf of Pitney Bowes Business Insight, we'd like to thank you for registering to view "Transform your Multi-Channel Customer Experience: Advantages of Customer Communications Management". We hope you found the program valuable. If you haven't yet viewed the program or would like to watch it again, it is available on-demand at the link below.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/regthankyou/0/50610351/
www.telectiygroup.com
******************************
******************************
LIKE WHAT YOU HEARD? SPREAD THE WORD.
If you know someone else who would be interested in this program, simply forward this email to them with your recommendation. We appreciate it! Remember, this program is completely searchable and is available at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Having said all that, my IRA is focused on the "printernet" industry. Given that "The End of Print" has been the meme for so long, print companies have been grossly undervalued. It looks(2me) that is in the process of changing. Based on my returns this year, it seems that the data supports my view ...so far.

I can't see why PBI won't be a major player in a world of everywhere TV and everywhere Print.

An aside:
For the last couple of days I've been testing #AWTtv and #AWTprint for a couple of days. I considered #EvTV for everywhere TV, but I'm not liking #EvPrint.

Perhaps someone out there would like to try #SmartPrint and #SmartTV to see if that gets traction?

No comments:

Post a Comment