Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oops. It seems you can't buy customers. You have to earn them.

read at Print4Pay Hotel:

"Canon falls 81% in profit from the last quarter!

My thoughts, at least for here in the US is that the last quarter was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm thinking it took one quarter for Ikon to sell of the remaining Canon stock of hardware, so the demise really took hold in the 4th quarter with no orders from Ikon for hardware. I'm also sure all of the reps are trying to get everyone out of the Canon units as soon as possible and thus there would be a drop in revenue for parts and supplies."
Or is just that business is slow? Only time will tell. Meanwhile, I heard on MSNBC that rise in unemployment is less than expected. The thing I can't figure out is why we expect to trust the expectations of "analysts" who have a track record of getting it so wrong at the beginning of this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment