My bet is that it's going to be Flat World Knowledge or a copy cat
PlusThe New Kindle
. . . the New York Times which is said to be partnering with Amazon on the larger Kindle.
ORLarge-Screen Kindle Won’t Mean Squat if Apple Tablet Arrives
OrA Reader the Kindle Should Fear: Plastic Logic
Orsome other e reader that hasn't yet surfaced.
If I ran the zoo, here's what I'd do:
1. Don't hire. Don't fire.
2. Figure out a new commercial model for college textbooks.
3. Do a proof of concept much sooner rather than much later.
4. Run the numbers on the leanest SAG that supports that model.
5. Consider networking with one of the on demand book or versioned newspaper print manufacturers.
6. Focus on the supplemental pieces in print.
7. Keep your fingers crossed.
8. Remember that K-12 textbooks are next.