Monday, June 22, 2009

To be clear about printernet publishing + clickable print. They are not new ideas, just maybe different words to describe old ideas.

Anyone who follows Tough Love probably knows that I don't believe there are many new ideas. "Almost everything that will be done, has been done and there is nothing new under the sun."

But, there are different implementations. Printernet publishing is just another word for "distribute and print." The new thing is the massive parallel manufacturing capacity that is possible with standards based management and process control. It's completely plausible to believe that 500,000,000 print pieces can be printed and delivered in two days, with a minimal carbon footprints.

As for Clickable Print, I just got an email from BR, an internet buddy. Turns out that Enthusem is doing that already. I have no idea for how long, but as it has been said, "The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed."

The email in question,
First time I saw print and twitter blend so nicely. I without question visited the website it directed me to. It was personalized inside and had a special # code I was to enter etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment