Monday, July 6, 2009

Xerox ColorCube (Qube): How's the execution going?

On May 13, I said that the Color Cube was all about execution. Today I there was the following exchange at the post:
Anonymous said...

Having seen the product I am sure that this device will interest many, however as with most things the proof of the pudding is in the eating! The output from the unit is depressing. The quality of the output is lower than recoh, the ink cand be scratched off the page with very little effort, and you can't write on it! even permanent markers wipe off heavily printed areas. As sain a fantastic looking unit with a great design/technology edge, but really c'mon ink needs to stay on the page!!!

Michael J said...

Thanks for the data point. my question is will the pricing model be enough to overcome any ink problem? It could be beta max versus VHS. If the pricing model is right, good enough might be good enough. On the other hand, if Ricoh, Canon et al can duplicate the pricing model, will the color cube win?

My bet is that sooner or later, probably sooner, the globals will compete on the pricing model. That's why I think it's all about execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment